FERC'S Order Proposing New Treatment of Public Policy Preferred Resource in PJM's Capacity Market
How should PJM's capacity market handle resources benefiting from certain public policies? Register to join Duke University's Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions and the Great Plains Institute for a webinar on Tuesday, August 7 from 2-3 p.m. ET that discusses the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) June 29 proposed framework. PJM, states, and other stakeholders now have the opportunity to comment on and shape FERC's proposed framework. PJM stakeholders likely impacted by the proposal will join us to provide perspective on how it would or would not work for them.
- Scope of subsidies covered
- Performance requirements
- Locational requirements
- Mechanism for electing the proposed “opt-out” from the capacity market
- Subtracting an appropriate capacity purchase obligation
- Timing of rule implementation and election
- Maintaining a robust marketplace
Please join us with your questions about this timely topic.