Nicholas, Pratt and Fuqua students join 2016 Career Trek in Denver
During Fall Break, the Nicholas School Energy Club sent fifteen graduate students from the Nicholas School of the Environment, Pratt School of Engineering and Fuqua School of Business to Denver, Colorado, as part of the club's annual Career Trek. The Duke University Energy Initiative contributed financial support for the trip. Leah Louis-Prescott and Eleanor Johnstone, students in the Master of Environmental Management program, coordinated the visits.
The students learned about new trends and developments—and employment opportunities—in a wide range of energy sectors, including clean energy research and technology, electric utilities, energy consulting and the oil and gas industries.
Students' blog posts highlight a few of the companies they visited:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) – Elihu Dietz
- McKinstry Consulting – Rajeev Rao
- Xcel Energy – Joby Moss
- RES Americas – Saliha Kabaca
- Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) – Sudeep Narsipur
- Clean Energy Collective – Meghal Chaudhari
- Gravity Renewables – Liz Finnegan
- Simple Energy – Soli Shin
Are you a Duke student interested in energy?
Sign up for our email list to stay on top of events and opportunities.
Are you interested in financially supporting career development opportunities for Duke students interested in energy?
Contact Suellen Aldina.