Driving Directions From Durham:
- Follow I-40/440 East to exit 309 (Highway 70 East)
- Follow U.S. 70 East to Beaufort (through Goldsboro, Kinston, New Bern, Havelock and Morehead City)
- Highway 70 East is the main street, Arendell Street, in Morehead City. Continue on Highway 70 East through Morehead City over a highrise bridge (crosses Newport River).
- From the base of the bridge, it is .6 miles to second right turn taking you to the Duke University Marine Lab
- Cross the railroad tracks and go straight over the small bridge leading onto Piver’s Island. Go straight to the parking lots at the back of the island.