Address and Contact Information
135 Duke Marine Lab Road
Beaufort, NC 28516
Driving Directions From Durham:
- Follow I-40/440 East to exit 309 (Highway 70 East)
- Follow U.S. 70 East to Beaufort (through Goldsboro, Kinston, New Bern, Havelock and Morehead City)
- Highway 70 East is the main street, Arendell Street, in Morehead City. Continue on Highway 70 East through Morehead City over a highrise bridge (crosses Newport River).
- From the base of the bridge, it is .6 miles to second right turn taking you to the Duke University Marine Lab
- Cross the railroad tracks and go straight over the small bridge leading onto Piver’s Island. Go straight to the parking lots at the back of the island.
Visiting the Lab:
The gate allowing access to the Duke Marine Lab facility is open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. The gate is closed at night and on weekends, but can be accessed with a validated Duke University ID card. Other visitors may contact security through the gate intercom system.
From the New Bern Airport taxis can be booked through Shuttle Me Transportation Service. In Beaufort, you can contact: A-1 Yellow Cab Company at 252.504.3680 or Crystal Coast Yellow Cab Company at 252.728.3483.