Join Duke University's Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions 10 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Friday, February 23, to learn about the Department of the Interior's Southeast Climate Science Center, one of eight regional climate science centers managed by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center.
North Carolina State University acts as the host institution for the center. Duke University just joined as a member. At this event, researchers from North Carolina State University, USGS, and Duke University will give lightning talks about their work on climate science, climate impacts on ecosystems and people, and decision making for climate adaptation. The program will also feature discussion on ideas for new collaborative research in the Southeast.
Lunch will be provided. Space is limited, so please register in advance.
Confirmed speakers are below. View the draft agenda.
- Betsy Albright, Duke University
- Sankar Arumugam, North Carolina State University
- Mark Borsuk, Duke University
- Ryan Boyles, Southeast Climate Science Center
- Jim Clark, Duke University
- Mitchell Eaton, USGS
- Ryan Emanuel, North Carolina State University
- Ana Garcia, USGS
- Krissy Hopkins, USGS
- Wenhong Li, Duke University
- Brad Murray, Duke University
- Lydia Olander, Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions
- Nils Peterson, North Carolina State University
- Georgina Sanchez, North Carolina State University
- Erin Seekamp, North Carolina State University
- Adam Terando, USGS
- Dean Urban, Duke University
- Katie Warnell, Duke University