At the Southeast CASC Regional Science Symposium, Lydia Olander will co-organize a session on Ecosystem Services linking climate change and ecosystem services research, and Katie Warnell will speak about mapping coastal resilience and coastal blue carbon in North Carolina. The Symposium takes place November 13-15, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Symposium goals include:
- Support climate adaptation efforts by sharing science resources and tools and providing natural and cultural resource managers and regional experts with an opportunity to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Discuss and identify gaps and needs for actionable science that meets the requirements of managers for on-the-ground application.
- Provide a venue for researchers, managers, and other resource people to share information about current activities, plans, and opportunities for collaboration.
Who should attend:
- Researchers and managers working in the southeastern U.S., including the U.S. Caribbean, on climate impacts and adaptation for fish, wildlife, habitat, cultural resources.
- Decision makers and practitioners from state fish and wildlife agencies, federal organizations, Tribal Nations and Tribal organizations, NGOs.